Setting up your KD Kanopy
Your KD Kanopy was designed for many years of use and enjoyment. To ensure you get the most out of your canopy, please follow a few simple rules of care and maintenance throughout its life.
- Think ahead. Don’t wait until the day of your event to set up your canopy for the first time. Leave yourself plenty of time to read the instructions completely and follow each step carefully.
- When you first receive your KD Kanopy, please open and set it up. Check to make sure all parts are included.
- When setting your canopy up, if you notice any damage to frame, top, or accessories, please call our customer service department: 1-800-432-4435. DO NOT USE YOUR CANOPY IF DAMAGED.
- We recommend using no more than two people when setting up your KD Kanopy. More is not always better. Please read the set-up instructions completely before setting up your canopy.
- When setting up your frame for the first use or the 50th use, if you encounter resistance, please do not try and force the frame to lock into place. This will cause excessive pressure on the scissor bars, and may result in further damage. Your canopy is designed to set up with ease, using only two people.
While using your KD Kanopy
- Inspect your canopy thoroughly each time you set it up. Look for small tears, stains, wear marks on the fabric. Inspect the frame for loose or missing bolts, bent or broken scissor bars, or any kind of structural damage.
- You should always stake your canopy down with the spike provided. If using your canopy on pavement, you can purchase easy-to-use sand bags that fill with sand and wrap around each leg of your canopy. Please never leave your canopy set up and unattended for extended periods of time. This is a temporary structure.
- Our canopies are water resistant, however since it is a sewn product, it can not be considered waterproof. We highly recommend that you take down your canopy during inclement weather. Water pooling on the fabric can lead to damage which is not covered under the warranty.
Taking down and storing your KD Kanopy
- Please follow the take-down instructions included with your canopy.
- Do not store your KD Kanopy with the top still on the frame. This can cause damage to the fabric that may require repair or replacement.
- Always make sure the canopy fabric is completely dry and clean before storing. Packing and storing your canopy when it is wet or damp may cause mold and mildew to develop on the fabric.
- Store your canopy in the bags provided in a dry, rodent-free area until the next use.
Following these simple guidelines will ensure many years of continuous usage. Should your canopy be damaged for whatever reason, do not discard it. We sell replacement parts for every component of the frame. Even if your canopy appears to be beyond repair, usually you can easily restore the frame to working order with only a 3/16” allen wrench and the correct replacement parts.
You will find all of our parts and accessories on our web page www.kdkanopy.com/parts